If you're on social media often, you probably have come across the Sand & Sky ad on their so-called amazing Australian Pink Clay mask. I got curious after seeing so many influencers using it, so I gave it a try. I bought this from Sephora, just saying so you'll know this isn't sponsored.
Brand: Sand & Sky
Product Name: Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask
Purchase From: Sephora, ASOS, Cult Beauty
Product Summary: The Australian botanical infused pink clay mask is a super-powered 4-in-1 formula. It's an instant detox mask to tighten pores, invigorate a dull complexion and instantly boost radiance.
- It leaves radiance and skin feels completely smooth after application.
- It comes with the little brush which helps to apply the mask.
- After applying, the mask dries up fairly fast, so you don't have to wait too long to wash it off.
- It doesn't contain any harmful ingredients. No sulfates, parabens, synthetic fragrances, synthetic colors, silicones, etc.
- The product did not mention that it is great for lifting your skin, but I think they should. As it dries up, the mask pulls the skin back and leaving it firm and bouncy. I believe it can be a good mask for firming and anti-aging too.
- It gets messy after a few uses as you can see from my jar.
- If you don't conceal it properly, the mask will dry up pretty fast. Also, it is best kept in cool area.
- I highly doubt that it can detoxify your skin because I don't subscribe to the idea that detoxification can be done through skincare. If you want to detoxify your skin, focus on detoxifying your liver first.
- For its price, you can get other brands of mud masks that can give you a better result, with history of good research and maybe for a fraction of the price.
- I don't see any difference to my pore size although this product is primarily targeting to reduce pores.
Good to know:
- It does feel tingling sensation when you first applied. Depending on your skin condition, the tingling sensation can go up to stinging feeling. I had sunburn before applying it, it hurts so bad I had to remove them immediately and slap on tones of cooling gel on my face. That's not where you want to be. So stick to hydration mask if you have sunburn.
- The main ingredients are Australian pink clay, mangosteen, pomegranate, witch hazel, kelp, liquorice root, and kakadu plum.
- The best way to remove the mask is in the shower or with wet towel. If you wash it off from the sink tap, you're going to leave some nasty marks. Although it is relatively easy to clean the stains, but it still requires some effort. If you're a lazy person like me, just wash it off in the shower.
Generally, I love the mask. If its priced a little lower, it would be better. Paying for it for $49 is equivalent of getting an Origins mask, which has better reputation and the brand also have been in the market much longer.
I didn't do much research on the Sand & Sky brand. All I know is that it's a new brand from Australia. I'm glad I give it a try because it has been a good weekly mask for me.