For the same reason as the Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Mask, I bought this Coco & Eve Hair Mask because it keeps popping up my radar on social media. It feels like this brand came out overnight and was already a success in the market. Generally, I got curious. I kinda suspect that the Coco & Eve and Sand & Sky brands are from the same company, but when I looked up at the addresses, they're both different. If you have any information about the companies, please let me know.
Brand: Coco & Eve
Product Name: Super Nourishing Coconut & Fig Hair Masque
Purchase From: ASOS, Selfridges, Revolve ClothingPrice: $50
Product Description: A hair masque and tangle tamer set that will transform your hair after only one treatment, taming frizz and adding shine to your locks.
- It relaxes the hair and tame the tangled edges of my hair.
- It comes with a tangle brush, which is a bonus gift and it is pretty useful too.
- The smells is very refreshing and remind me of those tropical resort toiletteries.
- It is made of two super-charged ingredients - raw virgin coconuts & figs. It doesn't contain damaging & drying parabens, phthalates & sulfates like most of the hair products.
- It is vegan-friendly and not tested on animals.
- I find that the hype for this product is extremely overrated. In my personal opinion, it works just as good as a thick conditioner and doesn't give that nourishing feel of a hair mask. I've scooped out some to let my friend to try it, and she had the same opinion.
- It is pricey, judging from the result it gives.
I usually use my trusty coconut oil to nourish my hair, but I find that the smell is just too strong and I don't like the experience of having to pour the oil into my hair. Very messy. That is why I started to look for a hair mask. It turns out this mask works about the same as my coconut oil. So my advice for you is, save the money and buy some coconut oil. This mask is not worth the price although it does get the job done.